Do you have experience in energy and sustainability?
Are you looking for a new and varied opportunity?
Our client, a large and well-respected public-sector provider with sites in Bristol City Centre and Weston-super-Mare is looking for a Senior Energy and Sustainability Manager on 12-month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave. This role will cover different themes outlined in the company’s Sustainable Development Strategy, including energy and water management, carbon reduction, environmental legal compliances, sustainable design and construction, communications, and staff engagement.
Due to the emphasis on effective energy management and achieving progress with carbon reduction, a background in mechanical or energy systems is required, along with previous experience in driving infrastructure change in a complex organisation/s.
In return, there is a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including a leading employer pension contribution of over 20% per annum!
The role of Senior Energy and Sustainability Manager is incredibly varied, and the key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Receiving information of a complex nature relating to energy management, carbon reduction, sustainability, and governance matters
- Presenting information in appropriate manner suitable for operational staff through to senior management level in a manner capable of influencing change
- Leading sustainability behaviour change companywide, engaging staff to participate in sustainability initiatives
- Producing written reports which clearly explain complicated initiatives, policies and projects, providing detailed costs as required for all sustainable development areas
- Project management of sustainable development programmes including publicity campaigns
- Management of carbon reduction capital projects and leading on the development and delivery of the company’s carbon neutral workstream
- Monitoring and evaluating energy consumption and performance to predict future trends and advise on energy budgets
- Developing and managing programmes for reducing energy costs and carbon emissions by investing in energy efficiency and low / zero carbon energy generation
- Leading on utility procurement
Due to the nature of this Senior Energy and Sustainability Manager role, previous/current experience in a similar role promoting sustainability in a large organisation/s is required. This is alongside the ability to conduct energy, building or plant audits, and knowledge of methods to optimise energy consumption and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Please note, that while this role will cover both sites in Bristol City Centre and Weston-super-Mare, there is internal transport links between them so the successful candidate does not need to be able to drive.
If you are interested in this Senior Energy and Sustainability position, please get in contact to discuss further or send an application and we will be in touch. Interviews are taking place over the next couple of weeks to start in March to allow for handover.