Working for a National Construction and Property Maintenance company based in the heart of Bristol, this role forms part of the management structure of a busy finance team. With ambitious growth plans and structured change scheduled over the next twelve months, a key position has been identified for an experienced Management Accountant / Accounts Manager, to join the business.
The role offers variety and career development as the duties and responsibilities will evolve alongside the business’ plans to grow.
Ideally, you’ll be CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified or part-qualified and have experience of working with Sage (200 is beneficial, Sage 50 is essential).
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of management accounts to trial balance
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Purchase ledger reconciliations
- Supplier payment processing and reporting
- Raising sales invoices
- Completion of bank reconciliations
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working within a fast paced and relatively high-volume accounts department
- Supervisory / management experience
- Good working knowledge of Excel and prior experience of working with any of the Sage software packages
- Adaptability – the constantly changing environment as the company grows means that new systems will be implemented
- Problem solving skills and a solution focused mindset
Any experience within the construction industry would be beneficial but is not essential
The company offer a strong salary package plus study support and contributory pension scheme and free parking. Please do get in contact with us today for an initial discussion about this opportunity.